Community Based Organizations Training
Introduction and Welcome remarks
The training started with an opening prayer from a volunteer. Introductions were done by all the participants present . The participants were sensitized that the reason why they had gathered was to be trained on human rights and advocacy strategies as well as financial management and project management .Welcome remarks were given by Nyaradzo and she encouraged everyone to participate and ensure Community Based Organizations are successfully functional. She also announced that Zvishavane now have women’s forums .It was said that Peoples Summit Regionally are being done and in this year of 2018 it is going to be held in Namibia .She also sensitized the participants that in Africa there is Africa Mining Vision and for SADC there is SADC Mining Vision so the country is to develop its own too. Zimbabwe Alternative Mining Indaba is being encouraged to trickle down to Village Mining Indaba. It was also said that Zela was appointed in Kimberly Process Certification scheme to lead the Civil Society Coalition in the scheme.
- To learn new things
- To learn how to sustain projects
- To be able to write project proposals
- To get an insight on monitoring Human rights in the community
- Learn how to document cases
- To get more information to carry to the women’s forums in communities
- To get further empowered on advocacy issues.
- Skill strengthening on writing project proposals.
- To learn more on financial management and financial discipline
- Gender mainstreaming
- To know what the CBOs have planned for the year 2018 in line with the elections.
Objectives of the training
- To train community groups (ZIDAWU , Marange Development Trust ,Save Odzi Community Development Trust) on Human Rights ,Security of Information and Advocacy Strategies
- Proposal writing and grant management
- To develop projects documents (Proposals, Monitoring plans, Log frames, budget and financial monitoring systems) for the Community Based Organizations.
- Strengthened capacity and skills for community groups to carry out monitoring activities
- Improved capacity and knowledge by communities on proposal writing and grand management
- Developed documents (Proposals, Monitoring plans, Log frames, budget and financial monitoring systems) for the Community Based Organizations.