Due date for applications: 18 June 2021
The Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association is calling for applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Project Assistant that has arisen within the organization.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help in the implementation of projects to promote ZELA’s programming in relation to obtaining project results, reporting and compliance in line with contractual obligations with partners.
- Assist in the development of toolkits and any publications as may be necessary to ensure optimal project performance.
- Collaborate with other project officers and lawyers within the organisation in identifying new opportunities for the organization, including coming up with innovative ways of doing work in all the ZELA programs.
- Work with Media and Communications Officer in designing content for digital platforms for information dissemination regarding the projects and results.
- Identify and collaborate with national, regional and international organisations and other stakeholders sharing similar objectives with the organisation for purposes of promoting the work of the organization.
- Actively participate in the design of fundraising proposals developed by the organization.
- Explore mechanisms for cooperation with government, corporates and quasi-government bodies including legal and economic governance experts.
- Produce reports on the activities of projects in consultation with Project Officers.
Attributes and Qualifications
- A first degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Law or relevant first degree
- At least one year experience implementing projects related to governance, extractives and/or community legal empowerment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Capable of working as part of a team in a dynamic multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to travel, sometimes with limited notice.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Writing skills
- Excellent command of the English Language
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software packages
- Good problem solving abilities
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Pays attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a dynamic multi-cultural setting
Send a copy of your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with at least three references to email@example.com by the 18th of June, 2021.