Environmental, Business and Human Rights Journalism Awards: Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association
Deadline: 6 May 2022
The Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association (ZELA) is calling for entries for Environmental, Business and Human Rights Reporter Awards. These awards seek to recognise exceptional and exemplary Environmental, Business and Human rights journalism work by reporters and freelance writers in Zimbabwe and Southern Africa and encourage high quality coverage of environmental issues.
The work submitted for these awards should have been broadcast, published or released between 01 September 2021 and 31 March 2022.
For print media entries should include stories published through newspapers, magazines or reputable and well-established online publications. The maximum number of entries per category is two stories that are accompanied by links.
For electronic media, reporters or producers are required to present two stories on DVD or a flash/ memory stick. Each category should have a separate DVD, in radio programmes, stories should be presented on CD/DVD or memory stick.
Please note that for electronic entries reporters are required to attach confirmation letters from the Executive Producer that the entry was broadcast.
- Best Environment Journalist of the Year.
- Business and Human Rights Journalist of the Year – Print/Broadcast Journalism.
- Climate change Journalist of the Year – Print /Electronic Journalism.
For more information on categories and submissions please contact email@example.com
- Impact and positive changes resulting from the story
- Quality of reporting
- Fairness and balanced reporting.
- Depth and knowledge of the subject.
- Professionalism and adherence to journalistic ethics.
- Fundamental principles that underpin Environment, Business and Human Rights Journalism.
Clearly label each entry as per category and email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association offices. 26B Seke Road, Hatfield, Harare.
The entries must be submitted not later than 6 May 2022.