Deadline: 8 July 2021
- Background and introduction
A public interest non-governmental organisation which seeks to promote environmental justice, sustainable and equitable use of natural resources, democracy and good governance in the natural resources and environment sector seeks the services of a consultant in the development of 10 short video blogs (herein referred to as vlogs) with community members, data extractors, women, human rights defenders, environmental justice activists on transparency and accountability in natural resource governance campaign.
- Main objective of the consultancy
The key objective of the consultancy is to produce 10 short video blogs capturing the voices of community members, data extractors, women, human rights defenders, community environmental justice activists and other stakeholders on transparency and accountability in the natural resource sector.
2.1 Specific terms of reference
To produce 10 short video blogs capturing the voices of children, youths and other stakeholders on transparency and accountability in the natural resources sector in order to push for legislative and policy reforms that promote transparency and accountability in the natural resource governance.
- Key deliverables and timelines
Working closely with the organisation’s Officers, Community Activists and Monitors the following deliverables will be expected from the Consultant:
- A schedule of the entire process, indicating timelines for development, production, post-production and packaging of the video blogs.
- A narration script developed to guide the production of the video blogs.
- A narration script developed after production to guide postproduction of the video blogs.
- Assist to develop a mascot.
- The Consultant will be expected to produce 10 final, reviewed and edited video blogs packaged and delivered in the following formats: High resolution format on DVD; High resolution electronic storage format; Web size format for uploading to online media such as YouTube, Twitter and Facebook and WhatsApp.
The assignment is scheduled to run for 10 days from the date of awarding of the contract.
Suitable applicants should have the following: A Bachelor’s degree in Film/Video Production, Communications, Journalism, Television Production, Media Arts or related area; At least three (3) years’ experiences in producing documentaries/videos; Previous experience working with children and youths; Willingness to submit his/her previous work for reference purposes.
- To apply
Interested candidates must submit their expression of interest together with the budget and links to previous similar work to email@example.com. No documents shall be received or entertained after the due date and time. The title of the consultancy should be clearly stated in the email subject.